As President, my most important task is to act as the official spokesperson and liaison for all U of T medical students, across all years, to our Faculty of Medicine and other external organizations. I advocate for your needs, concerns, and interests, ensuring I fairly and accurately represent the Society and its constituents. Part of my advocacy work includes amplifying and embodying the student voice at tables like the Board of Examiners, Hospital University Education Committee, Medical Alumni Association Board of Directors, and more. I oversee all activities and programming done by members of the Society and the Executive Council, which includes our Executive Portfolios - it is my job to provide support and guidance to our Executive Portfolios as they strive to achieve their goals.
Frances St George-Hyslop
My name is Frances and I'll be your MedSoc President for 2022/23! This will be my 6th year at U of T, after I completed my undergrad here several years ago. I then spent 6 years in England pursuing a master’s and PhD, and gaining of love of English Premier League soccer! Outside of university I enjoy watching old movies, playing snooker/pool, and eating ice cream.
1. Integrate EDI across all MedSoc portfolios and the MD program
2. Promote collaboration between class councils and MedSoc
3. Increase transparency in how MedSoc finances and runs itself
4. Foster community within and between classes (2T6s, 2T5s, 2T4s, 2T3s, and MD/PhD)
Year Plan and Goals
Reasons to Contact Me
1. You have concerns or questions for the MD Faculty
2. You feel unrepresented or excluded from the Medical Society
3. You are uncertain of which exec to reach out to for questions/ideas
4. You have questions about your case with the Board of Examiners
5. You need information about external affiliated organizations
Governance Restructuring Pod (lead)