VP Student Affairs
As VP Student Affairs, we oversee all matters related to student health and wellness, student mistreatment and career counselling. We work closely with the MD administration including the Learner Affairs office, the office of Learner Experience, the CAP curriculum leads and advocate for the needs of the student body across all four years and the MD/PhD classes.
VP Student Affairs Sr.
I am a second year MD/PhD student currently completing my PhD in the field of pediatric oncology. In addition to my role as VP Student Affairs Jr. last year, I have experience as a mental health advocate at the graduate Conflict Resolution Center and reforming mental health policies as a co-chair of the SGS Mental Health Advisory Committee. As VP Student Affairs Sr., I hope to lead initiatives to improve medical students’ experience with a specific focus on supporting and promoting positive mental health.
1. Build and expand current Peer Support resources for medical students at UofT
2. Inaugurate an annual mental health and wellness report elucidating the mental health status and struggles of UofT medical students
3. Form relationships with underrepresented medical student groups to better understand their needs amplify their voices within the medical school
Year Plan and Goals
Reasons to Contact Me
1. Student Mistreatment, Harassment or Discrimination
2. Student Mental Health and Wellness
3. Career Development
4. Resource Navigation
CREMS & Research Promotion, MedSoc Retreat
VP Student Affairs Jr.
Hi! If I haven’t met you yet my name is Hammad. You’ll probably find me in the gym procrastinating from studying ;) I consider myself a foodie and enjoy exploring our city for new places to eat. Some of my major interests are learning about the various factors that affect our physical and mental well-being. If that sounds like you, please feel free to reach out to me for a chat.
Year Plans and Goals
1. Consolidate student wellness data into an annual/biannual report
2. Create a directory and guide to help preclerks find research positions
3. Help build and expand current peer wellness support program
Reasons to Contact Me
Please contact me to discuss any matters of Student Wellness (including how to access wellness resources/counselling and how to identify/report mistreatment)
Also feel free to reach out if you would like to talk about the role and what I do!
EDI Committee, Member