VP Student Engagement STG
As VP Student Engagement, promoting extracurricular activities within the faculty is at the heart of my role. Recently, we have been working hard at MedSoc to ensure that equity is observed in such activities. This is especially relevant nowadays as this VP role also has a say in the amount of funding given by MedSoc to clubs to reimburse the costs they incur. Other aspects of my role include overseeing MedSoc resources, such as the med lounge, but that has been on hold due to COVID-19.
VP Student Engagement St. George Sr.
Apart from my obsession with cooking new recipes, I enjoy checking out new spots with my friends and making a day of it. A fun fact about me is that I once spent two weeks on a remote island on the west coast sampling salmon in the middle of the night. T’was kind of creepy. Other hobbies I enjoy include long walks. I don’t remember feeling like a walk was ever too long since the time I went on a 2-hour hike when I was 11 and felt like I didn’t have the energy to make it back home because of how tired I was.
1⁃ continuing to oversee equitable hiring of new club leads
2⁃ working on implementing an EDI reporting system for equity issues within clubs
3⁃ came out with guidelines to minimize bias during interviews for hiring new leads (eg. remove oneself from interviewer position if conflict of interest exists; record interviews;…)
4⁃ considering creating a guide for transitioning back to in-person campus activities when permitted, since many of us are not familiar with in-person club conduct
Year Plan and Goals
Reasons to Contact Me
1⁃ Any general questions about clubs and student-related initiatives
2⁃ Any time you are wondering if you should take into account equity, diversity, and inclusion principles in an activity you are carrying out
3⁃ When attempting to ratify your club to gain MedSoc-affiliated status
Member: Club Equity & Restructuring
Member: Alternative Funding
VP Student Engagement St. George Jr.
I love to try new restaurants and then try to replicate those recipes at home just based on what I remember what the food tastes like (which usually fails but is still pretty fun). I am a big reader, I often buy more books than I can read and then I end up buying more before finishing the ones I already have. Other than that, I love listening to music and going to concerts. And most importantly, a fun fact (the only fun fact about me really) is that I am obsessed with cats (and I have one myself!)
Year Plans and Goals
1. Respond to student inquiries about clubs and extracurriculars in detail
2. Improve organization of club information by creating a detailed list of club leads and information
3. Create social media spaces for student groups to have established member lists
4. Assist other MedSoc members in addressing equity, diversity, and inclusion principles, especially with club activities
5. Support clubs in returning to in-person events
Reasons to Contact Me
- Any questions about clubs, club ratification, getting involved in clubs, or other student-affiliated groups
- Any questions about MedSoc, being involved in student government, and my role as VP student engagement
- Any questions about EDI, new student engagement initiatives, or really any questions you have!
1. Club Equity & Restructuring 2. EDI